We’ve seen quite a few rumors over the last couple of months that the next iPhone will come in a variety of colors. Last month we even detailed exactly how Apple will colorize the iPhone 5S, and it looks like we’re probably right.
Apple just posted a new job listing today that shows they are looking for an Anodizing Engineer to help add color to the next generation of Apple products like the iPhone 5S.
Recent rumors have claimed that the iPhone 5S will be the first iPhone to come in colors other than black and white, so we think Apple will most likely anodize the rear aluminum plate of the iPhone and the antenna band so that it looks something like in the picture above.
Apple already adds color to iPod Touches and iPod Nanos through the process of aluminum anodization, but maybe they’re looking for another Anodization Engineer to help with the iPhone 5S. Or they’re just filling a vacancy. Either way, it’s looking more likely that the iPhone 5S will look something like this.
Here’s the full details of the job description.
- Define world-class anodizing processes that achieve the cosmetic and functional requirements of a part.
- Be a self-starter by defining all engineering tasks to meet project objectives and have the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information provided.
- Understand and own the interactions between the alloying elements of aluminum and the anodizing process.
- Knowledge and usage of statistical tools (JMP, Minitab)
- Familiarity with advanced manufacturing processes (Extrusion, Casting, Forging, Welding, CNC machining) specifically in Aluminum and many alloys
- Expertise in surface preparation and advanced surface finishing processes (lapping, polishing, blasting, tumbling, etching, anodizing, PVD) in Aluminum
- Experience with high-quality cosmetic parts
- Provide onsite support at manufacturing sites during development and product production ramp, and drive engineering issues to resolution
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Via: Apple Bitch