BusinessWeek has an interesting but slightly over-the-top story about the misery the iPhone 3G will inflict on the rest of the wireless industry. It’s quite maudlin in its focus on the needs of the establishment wireless service providers. It even seems to mourn threats to the dominance of the existing wireless carriers. Perhaps the only news to glean in between the forecasts of doom is that Palm, once the dominant player in Smart Phones is now too niche to merit a mention in a round-up story like this. Apparently, the hole Palm needs to climb out of is so deep that the iPhone 3G’s coming ubiquity doesn’t even make things worse.
Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.
The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.
Popular This Week
- How to set up the best Mac screensaver, Aerial
- How to download, set up and use the new Apple Sports app for iPhone
- First-ever iOS trojan steals your face to break your bank [Updated]
- Find the right color every time with this tiny sensor for iPhone
- Apple’s smallest tablet gets big discounts
- Act fast to chop $200 off M2 MacBook Air
- New Apple Sports app gives fans scores and stats for free
- This 6-in-1 multiple charging cable can charge practically anything
- Two years after Russian invasion, Ukrainian coders keep up the fight
- Pair faces 20 years in jail over iPhone fraud scheme