BusinessWeek has an interesting but slightly over-the-top story about the misery the iPhone 3G will inflict on the rest of the wireless industry. It’s quite maudlin in its focus on the needs of the establishment wireless service providers. It even seems to mourn threats to the dominance of the existing wireless carriers. Perhaps the only news to glean in between the forecasts of doom is that Palm, once the dominant player in Smart Phones is now too niche to merit a mention in a round-up story like this. Apparently, the hole Palm needs to climb out of is so deep that the iPhone 3G’s coming ubiquity doesn’t even make things worse.
Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.
The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.
Popular This Week
- You won’t believe this bride’s mind-bending iPhone photo
- 3 reasons you shouldn’t clear your open apps
- Why iPhone NameDrop feature is not a security risk
- Sign in to your Google accounts before December or they’ll be deleted
- How and why to use an external webcam with your iPad
- Apple reportedly ending Apple Card partnership with Goldman Sachs
- iPad gift guide: Pick the best tablet to give your loved ones
- Tiny fan makes MacBook Air perform like MacBook Pro
- How to find your music stats with Apple Music Replay
- Premium iPad stylus takes on Apple Pencil with pressure sensitivity and buttons [Review]