Site24x7 announced its new iPhone app this week. Site24x7 is a robust enterprise server monitoring solution by the Zoho group, which is best known among iOS users for its Zoho Docs productivity suite.
Site24x7 offers a range of enterprise features for web servers that are hosting critical interactive web apps and cloud services as well as other mission critical services like internal and external DNS service and mail services. In addition to simple reports and alerts about a server issue the Site24x7 can be used to tune servers for optimal performance and uptime.
The big features the Site 24×7 include the following tools.
- Website uptime monitoring
- Performance monitoring and stats
- Track performance issues associated with web apps that use a range of forms, modules, and services
- Monitor DNS services (internal and external) for performance and server health
- Ensure compliance with service level agreements (SLAs) regarding response times for customer issues
- Mail service performance monitoring and tuning (including the ability to calculate message delivery times)
- Monitoring of additional servers and desktops hosting or processing mission critical data
- Global monitoring from 40+ geographic locations worldwide
- Instant notifications and details of issues and potential issues
- Detailed reports based on monitoring and activity
The new iPhone app puts several of these capabilities in the hands of IT specialists and allows in-depth monitoring, detailed server status reports and history, root cause analysis of server issues (using standard troubleshooting tools like DNS analysis, Traceroute, ping analysis and webpage screenshots at the time of error), and push notifications of server alerts.
The new Site24x7 app joins several other iOS apps offered by Zoho to integrate with its various cloud services including the company’s most well-known solution Zoho Docs, which offers a cloud-based office suite that supports local storage of documents on an iPhone or iPad for offline viewing/editing. The company also offers a range of enterprise cloud services and can deliver all the critical functionality needed by a business – document editing, project management, billing and accounting, customer relationship management (CRM), and human resources management are just a few of the cloud solutions that Zoho offers.
Via: IT Briefcase