By now you’ve probably heard: a shiny new iPhone is right around the corner. But some in the tech world have been asking if Apple’s new trinket will only be playing catchup to more advanced, and more feature-rich, Android phones. We think that’s crap, and on our latest CultCast, we’ll tell you why.
Then — Apple’s embarrassing new Olympic Mac ads have just been pulled; we’ll tell you why we thought the ads needed to go, and so will our special guest, former Apple ad guy and longtime Steve Jobs’ collaborator, Ken Segall.
Show notes ahead!
Ask Us Questions Or Suggest Show Topics On Our New Facebook Page.
We love hearing your suggestions, and we’ll try to work your topics and questions into the show. Facebook.com/TheCultCast.
Thanks to Might Tees for sponsoring this episode of The CultCast.
Might Tees makes the finest Apple-inspired t-shirts in the land. All their designs are created lovingly by indie artists, then printed upon high-quality 100% cotton tees made right here in the beautiful U.S. of A.
Check them out at MightTees.com, and save 15% off your order at checkout withe code CULTCAST15.
CultCast #25 – OS X Snoop Lion
On The CultCast this week
- Alex Heath – Cult of Mac writer
- Buster Heine – Cult of Mac writer and community manager
- Erfon Elijah – Cult of Mac writer and host of The CultCast
Our stories this week
- Apple To Hold September 12th Event As Component Orders Increase For New iPhone
- Apple To Release New iPhone, iPad mini, iPod touch This Fall, iPad 4 Coming Next Year With Familiar Design [Rumor]
- New 4-Inch iPhone And iPad Mini Screen Shipments Starting This Month Ahead Of September Apple Event
- Is the iPhone getting boring? (No link, you’ll have to listen!)
- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly about Apple’s New Mac Ads.
- Former Apple Ad Man Bashes New “Genius” Ads
- Are the Apple V. Samsung court hearings revealing too much about Apple? (No link, you’ll have to listen!)
- Faves ‘N Raves – the segment where we pitch our favorite tech and apps then vote on which one is best!