The day has finally come. Subatomic Studios has released Fieldrunners 2 for the iPhone and iPod touch in the App Store. In case you don’t remember, the original Fieldrunners pioneered tower defense games on the iPhone back when the App Store first launched in 2008.
Fieldrunners 2 has now gone live in the App Store, and it looks to be another smash hit.
The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action – DEFEND THE WORLD!
• Pint sized invaders seeking revenge!
• Hours of action across a huge world stuffed with levels!
• 20 unique, upgradable weapons for stopping the enemies in style!
• Retina display support makes hyper detailed hand painted artwork shine!
• Air strikes, mines, and powerful items let you attack with the precision of a surgeon!
• Sudden Death, Time Trial, and Puzzle type levels put a fresh spin on tower defense!
• Trenches, bridges, and tunnels make strategic choices more important than ever!
• Customizable loadouts so you can pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
• Revolutionary AI lets the fieldrunners move with stunning realism!
• Elite enemy types bring new challenges to the battlefield!
• A tower that launches bee hives!
An iPad version of the game is in the works, but for now you can get Fieldrunners 2 on the iPhone and iPod touch for $2.99.