Remember when we told you about the amazing Reflection Mac app that lets you mirror your iOS device screen over AirPlay? Well, the developer of Reflection just updated the app with support for Apple’s latest iPad and its beautiful Retina display.
The huge update also includes support for recording audio as well as video from your iPhone or iPad. Several new features, including full screen ‘theatre’ streaming to your Mac, have been included in version 1.2 of Reflection as well.
Version 1.2 – Release Notes
- iPad 3rd Generation Support – Reflection is now optimized for use with your new iPad. Note: Apple limits the mirroring of the new iPad to 720p, about half of its total screen resolution
- Recording – Now you can record the video and audio of your iPad 2, iPad 3 or iPhone 4S right in Reflection!
- Added full screen theatre mode – Streams can now go true, full screen.
- Photo gallery and photo streaming support
- Videos now play in Reflection instead of opening Quicktime
- Choose black or white iPhone and iPad frames
- Scale your mirroring to show a scaled image that fits on your screen or the entire, full-size stream
- Better 10.7 Mountain Lion support and other miscellaneous performance improvements
Note that the new iPad’s Retina display resolution is so obviously huge that you won’t be able to view it at full scale on your Mac.
You can buy Reflection for $15 on your Mac running OS X Lion or the Mountain Lion developer preview. It’s a great app that makes iOS mirroring to a Mac over AirPlay a breeze. Supported iOS devices only include the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, and third-gen iPad due to hardware requirements.