A recent Match.com survey of Canadian smartphone users has revealed some interesting patterns surrounding one’s love life in regards to the mobile operating system they use. Cell phones have become a huge part in how we communicate and build relationships, whether through talking, email, or texting. 75 percent of Canadian singles seem to agree with that, and here’s what Match.com found out about their relationship habits and what mobile OS they happen to use:
Android Users: The Seducer
- Android users are most likely to be seduced on a first date. 62 percent of Android singles say they’ve done the deed after date number one, compared to 57 per cent of iPhone users and 48 percent of BlackBerry users
- Out of all smart phone users, Android fans are most likely to have a one-night stand (55 percent).
- 72 percent of Android fans have visited an online dating site, compared to 58 percent of iPhone users and 50 percent of Blackberry users.
- iPhone addicts are the most likely to date someone in their workplace. Nearly a quarter of iPhone singles have had an office romance in the last five years.
- After a first date, iPhone users wait just one day to reach out, while Android or BlackBerry users will wait until after 2-3 dates.
- If you’re dating a BlackBerry fan, prepare to imbibe. BlackBerry users are most likely to drink alcohol on a first date – 72 percent will have a boozy beverage on a first night out.
- A whopping 67 percent of BlackBerry users say they have experienced love at first sight.
iPhone Users: The Office Romantic
BlackBerry Users: The Drunk Dialer
What about poor Windows phone users? I guess they just can’t get anyone to give them the time of day.
While this isn’t exactly hard science, it’s surely something you’ll be thinking about the next time your date whips out their phone.