Apple has filed its annual 10-K form with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for the fiscal year. The company’s spending has increased and there has been a considerable number of new employees added to the payroll since last year.
- There has been a 35% increase in ad spending from $691 million to $933 million.
- R&D expenses increased 36% to $2.4 billion.
- Apple now has 60,400 full time equivalent employees. This figure is up from 49,400 employees last year.
- 40 retail stores were added globally this year. The average number of employees per store has increased to 100.8.
- Apple owns 584 total acres of land, including the property for its data center and the upcoming solar farm in Maiden, North Carolina.
- Apple leases 7 million square feet of building space, 3 million of which belongs to retail. The 2.6 million square feet that Apple owns in Cupertino will soon be replaced by the company’s upcoming ‘mothership’ campus.
Apple reported record earnings for the last fiscal quarter with $28.27 billion in revenue and $6.62 billion in profit.