We’re crazy about iOS 5’s Reminders, but unless you know how to tap into their power, Reminders just seem like a simple to-do list. Take it from us… Reminders is much, much more. Here’s how to use Reminders in iOS 5, the right way.
Creating a New Reminder:
- To create a new reminder, open up the Reminders app and hit the button labeled with a plus symbol in the top right corner.
- Give your reminder a title and then tap the return key.
- To set the priority, alert time, or to add notes to your reminder, simply tap on the reminder’s title. You can also delete a reminder from within this menu.
- To set a reminder by location, tap the ‘Remind Me’ tab and then switch the ‘By Location’ switch on.
- To create a new list, tap the Edit button in the top left corner and select ‘Create New List…’. Give your list a name and then tap Done.
- You can delete lists by pressing the same Edit button and then tapping the red icon alongside the list’s name.
- To rearrange lists, tap Edit and then drag your lists into the order you’d like to see them in.