If you’ve got a massive music library, better think twice about syncing it with iTunes Match: the maximum size of an iTunes library in the iTunes Match beta is 25,000 songs. Assuming a library in which song is an average of 4 minutes long and compressed in CD quality 320kbps, that basically means the upper limit on a library is a size of 250 gigabytes. That’s pretty generous for a $24.99 a year service.
Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.
The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.
Popular This Week
- Former Apple engineer explains why Siri still sucks
- 5 secret tips and tricks in Safari on iPhone
- How fast can you spot the MacBook Pro in this super-clean rig? [Setups]
- ‘Mac setup in a box’ is a dual-Mac Studio powerhouse [Setups]
- New Anker MagGo fast-charges iPhone plus AirPods and Apple Watch
- Fix the mess caused by Sign in with Apple and Hide My Email
- Run Windows apps on Mac seamlessly with this easy-to-use software
- Let’s hope the latest iPhone 15 leak is wrong
- iPhone 15 Pro Max could boast crazy-thin screen bezels
- Why iPhone is winning the global smartphone battle