Apple has released two new updates today that improve support for processing raw image files from recently released digital cameras and provide enhancements and bug fixes for Apple’s audio/video production tools for professionals.
Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.7
The Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.7 allows Aperture 3, iPhoto ’11, and Mac OS X to handle the raw unprocessed images from Fujifilm’s FinePix X100, Nikon’s D5100, Olympus’ E-PL2 and XZ-1, and Samsung’s GX-1S.
You can learn more about digital raw image support in Mac OS X 10.6.
ProKit Update 7.0
This ProKit Update fixes the following minor issues:
- Improved support for PopOver style tooltips.
- Improved support for Font Smoothing.
- Addresses an issue with an unwanted gap between a menu and submenu.
- Fixes leaks and improves stability for the color picker and timecode interface in Final Cut Pro and Motion.
- Improved compatibility when importing assets from older versions of Soundtrack Pro.
- Fixes an issue with the scrubber appearance in Logic Express and Logic Pro.
- Addresses AppKit related crashes in Motion.
This update is recommended for users of Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, iPhoto, Aperture, Final Cut Express, Logic Pro, MainStage, Logic Express and iAd Producer..