The complete text of Best Buy’s launch plan for the iPhone 4 has been leaked to iClarified by an individual going by the handle of bbinsider.
The 24 page launch plan addressed to Best Buy employees includes:
- Things employees should not do during the sale.
- Details about employee purchases.
- Best Buy SKUs and pricing.
- AT&T rate and data plan requirements; Early termination fee information.
- Information about the iPhone 4 Micro SIM
- Tips on what to do with an old iPhone; Comparison between iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
- Comparison with other vendor offerings from Sprint and Verizon
The most interesting information revealed in the document, according to iClarified, is that Best Buy will be offering pre-sales on launch day for people standing in line waiting to buy an iPhone 4:
Since inventory availability is expected to be minimal, stores may open up a limited time pre-sale window as an option for customers on launch day who have not previously pre-purchased.
– Pre-sales may only occur up to 11:00 am local time
– Customers who pre-purchase on launch day will be added to the store’s pre-sale cue based on time of pre-sale and will get their pre-sale fulfilled in priority order
– Do not provide customers who pre-purchase on launch day timing on when a device may be available
You can read the entire document and grab the rest of the plans highlights yourself here.