Today Starbucks released the big iPhone app redesign we previously told you about. The interface has been completely redone down to the icon, and the overall aesthetic improvement is drastic.
The main addition in today’s update is the ability to digitally tip baristas, which is currently available in about two-thirds of U.S. stores. Other new features include shake-to-pay, sharing options for rewards milestones, and integrated account history.
Here’s the full list of changes, including some more screenshots:
• Digital Tipping (U.S. company-operated stores): You’re welcome to tip your barista up two hours after your purchase. You’ll receive a push notification after each eligible transaction.
• Dashboard: See your rewards level, available rewards, inbox messages and most recent transactions.
• Shake-to-Pay: For added convenience, simply shake your device to show the barcode to pay at the register.
• Share Rewards Milestones: Reached Gold Level? Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.
• Integrated History: View your entire account history—including purchases made, Stars earned and rewards redeemed—in a single feed.
- Source App Store