The Speedtest.net app is the quickest, easiest (and free-iest) way to test your broadband and data speeds on your iOS devices — and now it’s finally gone universal.
The Ookla app’s universal update has been eagerly anticipated for some time, since the app was originally released optimized only for the iPhone and iPod touch.
The latest version of the Speedtest.net app also includes an improved speedometer that dynamically adjusts for high-speed connections, improved server selection interface, and the usual unspecified bug fixes and performance optimizations.
As before, Steedtest.net includes the following key features:
- Discover your Download, Upload and Ping
- Real-time graphs show connection consistency
- Troubleshoot or verify the speed you were promised
- Track past tests with detailed reporting
- Easily share your results
The app is available for download from the App Store, requiring iOS 5.0 or later.