Award-winning Reuters photojournalism app The Wider Image has just been updated to version 3.0.
Originally arriving on iOS platforms in October 2012, The Wider Image lets users explore the world through captivating visual stories from award-winning Reuters photojournalists.
In addition to images, each story provides additional interactive content in the form of expanded facts and quotes, along with audio materials, and more.
The most notable addition to the app’s 3.0 update is the ability to enjoy the app’s spectacular photo essays on your widescreen television — courtesy of newly-added AirPlay integration for streaming content to Apple TV.
A full list of the update’s new features includes:
- Infinite stream of stories on the home screen
– Search stories, photographers and countries across the archive
– Browse 10 new themes. From ‘Cultural Atlas’ to ‘Living Planet’, there’s something for everyone.
– Enjoy striking images on your widescreen television, streamed wirelessly to Apple TV
– Even more image detail for retina displays with optional HD subscription
– Redesigned Explore screen shows stories on a world map
– Redesigned My View screen enables you to select photographers and countries to follow. All your favourites are now in one place.
- Source iTunes