The Mac turns 30 today. It’s a big day for Apple, and obviously it’s a big day for every member of the Cult of Mac (that means you!).
Here’s a roundup of all our stories about the Mac’s milestone:
News & Analysis
- The Apple Mac Went On Sale 30 Years Ago Today
Marking the milestone.
- Apple’s Amazing Icon Font Features Every Mac Ever Made
Download this custom font before it disappears.
- Microsoft Mouse Crashes Mac’s 30th Birthday Bash
There’s an unexpected cameo in Apple’s lovingly crafted tribute video.
- Apple.com Celebrates 30 Years Of Mac With Visual Timeline, Video & More
If you haven’t seen Apple’s breathtaking salute to the Mac, do yourself a favor. It’s a beautiful rundown of the computer’s place in history.
- Celebrate The Macintosh’s 30th Anniversary In Cupertino On January 25
Find out about a real-life party in the Mac’s hometown.
- Cult of Mac and iFixit Teardown the Original Macintosh 128k
Getting inside the little computer that changed everything.
- What’s The Meaning Of The Macintosh Turning 30?
How the Mac changed everything.
Audio & Video
- Watch Steve Jobs Introduce the Macintosh on January 24, 1984
It wasn’t quite a “Stevenote,” but man, what a performance!
- Remembering 30 Years Of Mac, This Week On The CultCast
A special edition of our weekly podcast.
- Apple’s Iconic 1984 Commercial Turns 30 Today
Genius-level marketing unquestionably played a role in getting the Mac in the hands of the masses.
The Party Continues in Cult of Mac Magazine
The next issue of our weekly Cult of Mac Magazine features an exclusive cover created by Mac icon designer Susan Kare. The issue, which will be available Saturday, focuses on the Mac’s 30th birthday and includes an interview with Apple evangelist Guy Kawasaki.