Amazon announced this morning that it has updated its desktop Cloud Player to include support for Mac, after launching the desktop app earlier this year on PC only.
Cloud Player for Mac allow Mac users to manage their entire music library regardless of whether you’re online or offline. The app also lets you shop for music on on Amazon’s catalog of over 25 million songs.
Any music you purchase from Amazon is automatically stored in Cloud Player for free. Up to 250 songs can be imported to store online as well. After that, you can import up to 250,000 songs for $25 per year, like iTunes Match. The only difference is that Amazon actually lets you stream music, while Apple still forces you to download it locally, or use iTunes Radio.
You can download the new Amazon Cloud Player app for Mac from Amazon’s website. iPhone and iPad versions can be found as well in the App Store.
Here’s the full press release:
Following the successful release of Amazon Cloud Player for PC earlier this year, Amazon.com, Inc. today announced the availability of Amazon Cloud Player for Mac. The new app provides Mac users with a seamless way to manage their entire music library – whether saved on their computer or in the cloud – and shop from the Amazon MP3 Store with a catalog of more than 25 million songs.
Amazon Cloud Player for Mac features include:
- One-place for all your music: Play your Amazon and iTunes music all from one place, even when offline.
- A music library that is always up-to-date: Cloud Player automatically detects and adds new music to your library even if you bought it from iTunes or ripped a CD. The app does all the work for you.
- An integrated MP3 Store: You can shop from the Amazon MP3 catalog of more than 25 million songs and discover new music with personalized recommendations, all without having to leave the app.
- AutoRip: Buy an AutoRip CD or vinyl record from Amazon and a free MP3 version of the album will be added to your Cloud Player for Mac library.
- Built for speed: Forget bloated players with extra features you don’t need or use. Cloud Player for Mac is lean, mean and made for your music. It’ll get you from launch to play in seconds.
- Music management made simple: Download your MP3 purchases automatically or with one click. Export your music to other music players. Create and manage playlists using simple drag-and-drop.
- Instant search & play: Find music easily and quickly. Type anywhere to search for an artist, album or song and play directly from the search results.
- Rich artist content: See artist photos, bios, tweets, and gorgeous, large album art.
- Anywhere access: Music purchased using Amazon Cloud Player for Mac is securely backed up in the cloud for free and made instantly available on any Kindle Fire, Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Samsung TV, Roku, Sonos, PC or web browser.
“Amazon Cloud Player offers customers the easiest way to enjoy their music across all their devices,” said Steve Boom, Vice President of Digital Music for Amazon. “Our customers have told us they love our PC desktop app, and we are excited to bring the same great experience to our Mac customers.”