After neglecting its Mac app for more than two years, Twitter is finally rolling out a steady supply of updates to the OS X desktop app. Last month the app finally picked up Retina display support, and the company just released another update that brings Notification Center integration to the app.
Twitter for Mac version 2.2.1 just hit the Mac App Store, and along with the Notification Center updates the app is also getting Growl notifications for OS X 10.7 and 10.8, as well as a number of bug fixes.
Here are the release notes:
“Notification Center integration: receive notifications when someone mentions you or when you receive a Direct Message. You can configure this from the app’s Preferences window.
This update also includes the following changes:
* Fix for Growl notifications not working in Lion and Mountain Lion
* Fix for bug that prevented un-favoriting tweets
* Fix for missing account switcher in composer
* Fix for error message when posting a tweet with a pasted image
* Fix for enlarged avatar when dragging a tweet into an email
* Fixes for crashes and various other bugs”
The Twitter update is available for free from the Mac App Store starting today.Related