As a sidebar to her mega-tribute to Apple’s mobile dominance, Jenna Wortham of the New York Times asked Phil Schiller about his favorite iPhone apps. And, quelle surprise, they’re all extremely popular, many of them having been featured in TV ads and Apple keynote events.
- Shazam — The remarkable music-identification app has been featured in a TV commercial and regularly appears in print
- CNN — The country’s No. 2 24-hour news network (and one of the most popular websites on the Internet) has been a perennial top-seller on the App Store, at one time hitting No. 1 for all paid apps
- Facebook — Featured in more than one ad, and is the most popular social network in the world
- MLB.com At Bat — Featured in TV ads and not one, but two Apple keynotes
- NBA Game Time — Basically the above, but for basketball
- ESPN ScoreCenter — The same, but for more sports
- Eliminate — Demoed on stage at the introduction of the iPhone 3GS
- geoDefense — Actually not that hyped. Probably the most obscure title on the list, but it’s still been named one of Apple’s top 4 favorite iPhone games
- Best Camera — Created by award-winning iPhone photographer Chase Jarvis, but a legitimate app store success story developed by an indie team and rising thanks to its merits
What do you reckon? Does your taste trend with Phil’s, or is he hopelessly vanilla in his picks?.