Pixelmator 2.2 just hit the Mac App Store, bringing more than 100 new features and improvements to one of the finest image editors on OS X. The update includes smart shape tools, a new light leak effect, a custom shapes palette, and lots more.
For those unfamiliar with Pixelmator, it’s a wonderful image editing application for Mac that prides itself on being “the world’s most innovative, easy-to-use, fast and powerful image editing app.” It’s packed to the brim with a ton of terrific features, and at just $14.99, it’s a darn sight cheaper that a lot of image editing apps of this calibre.
Here’s a list of the biggest changes in this release:
• Smart Shape Tools: Quickly adjust shapes’ outlines with easy-to-use controls to get just the look you’re after
• Custom Shapes palette: Packed with dozens of readily available shapes that are as easy to add as dragging and dropping
• Shape Style palette: Effortlessly create more polished, advanced shapes with the new Fill, Stroke Style, Shadow and Inner Shadow features
• Smart Move Tool: Knows when you are working with image or shape layers and gives you the options you need at that time
• New Paint Selection Tool: The simplest and fastest way to make even challenging selections in your images with just a few brush strokes
• New Light Leak Effect: Makes it easy and fun to create stunning, retro-artistically illuminated images from any of your photos
• And much more
“We’re excited to deliver even more, easy-to-use, advanced features to our Pixelmator fans and continue to create the best and most enjoyable image editing experience,” said Saulius Dailide of the Pixelmator Team.
“With new state-of-the-art Smart Shape Tools, people can fully enhance their images, create logos, Web layouts, posters, and much more, all easier than ever before.”
The latest Pixelmator release is available to download from the Mac App Store now.
- Source Mac App Store