Borderlands 2 from Aspyr is now available to download at the Mac App Store, almost exactly a month after it debuted on Steam — and there’s good news and bad news.
Unfortunately, for now the App Store version of the game is without the franchise’s signature co-op multiplayer mode (it’s already available with the Steam version). Aspyr says you’ll have to wait till an update early next year before the multiplayer gets added.
In the meantime, besides slashing the price 25 percent (to $45), they’ve tried to make the App Store version a little more enticing with the addition of an exclusive pack of character skins and heads.
If you’ve already snagged Borderlands 2 on Steam, the new DLC, Mr. Torque’s Campaign of Carnage, has just popped up on Steam for $10
As a reminder, here are the specs for Borderlands 2:
- Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card – ATI: Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card – NVidia: Geforce 8800
- Video Memory (VRam) : 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard