Today Apple issued a significant update to Final Cut Pro that squashes a number of bugs. The 10.0.7 update addresses “overall stability, performance and compatibility” according to Apple, and it’s a free download for existing users in the Mac App Store.
The last Final Cut Pro update was released back in October, and it brought several key new features, including multichannel audio and RED camera support.
Here’s today’s Final Cut Pro release notes from Apple:
• The Letterbox effect “Offset” slider has been restored
• Fixes an issue when creating a single layer DVD
• Fixes an issue where some third-party effects could cause Final Cut Pro to hang during background rendering
• Fixes an issue where some third-party transitions would incorrectly use black instead of source media
• Adds support for editing MXF files that are still ingesting
• Fixes an issue rendering Motion Templates containing Image Units
Motion, Apple’s graphic animation tool, has also received a small update that addresses Image Units randomly disappearing and bugs with “multiple documents on dual displays.” Compressor, Apple’s encoding tool, has been updated with a fix for uploading 1GB+ video files to Vimeo.Related