Aspyr Media, one of the top Mac game porting houses, has released new downloadable content (DLC) for the Mac version of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Titled Annihilation & Escalation, the pack includes eight new multiplayer maps along with two new zombie levels–a fan favorite.
The maps included are Hangar 18, Drive-In, Silo, Hazard, Hotel, and more, each with its own distinct environment and tactical advantages.
Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first person shooter game originally developed by Treyarch and published by Activision. It was ported to Mac this past September by Aspyr. The original game is the seventh in the Call of Duty series, and the first one set in the Cold War. It’s the third Call of Duty title developed by Treyarch, selling more than 5.6 million copies within the first 24 hours it went on sale in the US and UK. It went on to sell over 25 million copies worldwide, making it the best-selling game of all time in the western world. The sequel, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, just came out on the 13th of this month, and may be the reason why you haven’t heard from any of your friends.
A full list of the maps and zombie modes included in the Annihilation & Escalation expansion pack, itself available for $24.99 as an in-app purchase, follows.
- “Hangar 18,” located in a highly classified military base where you will fight through experimental weapons labs, the SR-71 test hangar, and a mysterious autopsy room;
- “Drive-In,” close quarters combat through a 60’s American Drive-In theater, whose last showing was “Attack of the…”, complete with a snack shack and a classic arcade;
- “Silo,” infiltrate a massive secret Soviet nuclear missile site under construction in this multilevel battleground; and
- “Hazard,” play through this coastal golf course fit for a Dictator, on the cliff sides of Cuba, where stocked clubhouses and manicured fairways meet snipers hidden in sand traps.
- “Hotel”, on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana.
- “Convoy” delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed US military convoy.
- “Zoo” takes you on a wild ride in an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo, with danger at every turn.
- “Stockpile” pits players in a remote Russian farm town housing secret WMD facilities.
- “Call of the Dead.” Play as a zombie-killing dream-team against a new and unnerving zombie menace. Set in a mysterious ice-covered remote Siberian island, a group of four fearless explorers fight for their lives amidst an army of bloodthirsty Russian zombies.
- “Shangri-La” A legendary shrine is lost in an exotic jungle, where new undead species lurk within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns. Navigate through deadly traps and solve the dark secrets buried within the shifting walls of this zombie infested temple.