If you haven’t played Rochard, yet, you might want to check this out. The gravity-bending, scifi adventuring, sarcastic-remark making space mechanic with a gravity gun is on the Mac for a mere $6.99. The latest update features iCloud support as well as some new language localizations, like Russian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Czech and Turkish.
You can play Rochard with the keyboard and mouse, hook up a bluetooth PS3 controller, or grab a wired Xbox 360 controller to get your puzzle-solving, Metroid-Castlevania groove on.
In Rochard, you grab a gravity gun and use it to change the rules of gravity to solve environmental puzzles, defeat foes, and stay alive. John Rochard is an astro-miner with a gravelly voice and a build to match, but he’s fiercely loyal, and ready for action. The title won the OS X Game of the Month spot from Apple in January of this year, and was a PSN Editor’s Choice award recipient in 2011.
- 5 long Chapters crammed with fast-paced platforming action and mind-bending puzzles based on gravity
- A beautifully crafted cartoonish visual style, rich with humor and personality
- Incredible items able to influence gravity and grab, swing and throw objects to solve puzzles or get rid of enemies
- A groovy soundtrack composed by Markus “Captain” Kaarlonen from Poets of the Fall, mixing southern rock/blues and 80′s inspired electronic music
- The legendary performance of Jon St. John as the voice of protagonist John Rochard
- The most advanced use of the Unity engine in a video game
If you have a spare seven bucks, head over to the Mac App Store now and grab this super fun, sci-fi romp through the space station to save the universe, kill the aliens, and–of course–save the girl.
- Source Mac App Store