Hey, you know what’s getting a bad rap these days? Apple Maps! Sure, the app’s got issues, but it’s not all bee stings and bug bites, and on this episode of The CultCast, we’ll tell you exactly why some of us actually love the new Google usurper.
And then, with the anniversary of his death on Oct. 5th, we remember the life and works of Steve Jobs; ponder why the things he touched all turned to gold; and examine the price he paid for conquering the world of tech.
Show notes ahead!
Ask Us Questions Or Suggest Show Topics On Our New Facebook Page.
Leave us your comments, topics, or suggestions — we always try to include them in the show. Facebook.com/TheCultCast.
DigiDNA, makers of DiskAid 5, the iPhone, iPad, and iPod transfer tool for Mac and PC.
Try DiskAid 5 for free at http://DigiDNA.net, and save 30% on a license at checkout with code THECULTCAST at checkout.
CultCast #35 – Remembering Steve
On The CultCast this week
- Leander Kahney – Cult of Mac Editor-in-Chief
- Buster Heine – Cult of Mac writer and community manager
- Erfon Elijah – Cult of Mac writer and host of The CultCast
Our stories this week
- Lightning Compatible Third-Party Accessories Won’t Arrive Until At Least Late November
- iPad Mini Will Be Officially Announced October 17th [Rumor]
- WSJ: iPad Mini Has Now Entered Mass Production
- An iPhone Lover’s Three Months Exile With Android
- One Thing Apple Maps Does Way Better Than Google Maps [Image]
- The One Killer Thing That iOS 6 Maps Is Very, Very Good At
- Faves ‘N Raves! The game where we pitch our favorite tech and apps then vote on which one’s best (no link)
- His life and works: remembering Steve Jobs