Here at Cult of Mac, we love showing off what’s in our gadget bags. It’s like a ritual: first to meticulously pack your bag with all the gear you could possibly need to get through the day, but then to empty it out, arrange it neatly and present it for the scrutiny and admiration of your fellow computer geeks.
We love seeing what’s in people’s gadget bags, so we’re throwing a contest in partnership with one of our favorite bag makers, Waterfield Designs: show us what’s in your current gadget bag and if you impress us, you could win one of three amazing new gadget bags and sleeves for your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
Here’s how to enter Cult of Mac’s “What’s In My Gadget Bag?” contest!
First, let’s talk about the prizes. Waterfield Designs (website here, ‘Like’ them on Facebook here) is a San Francisco-based bag maker who have been making some of our favorite gadget bags for years now, and we’re absolutely delighted to give away three of their fashionable, good-looking and sturdily constructed luxury bags to our first, second and third place winners.
• First Prize: Waterfield Design’s medium-sized Cargo bag, a $209 value. “Cavernous main compartment. Tons of oversized pockets. Highly organized. Our signature bag comes with a black, anodized aluminum buckle used in para-gliding harnesses for easy & quick access. The biggest, boldest bag we make.”
• Second Prize: Waterfield Design’s 10’ Muzetto Outback Waxed Canvas bag, perfect for an iPad and a $159 value. “Trek the Urban Outback. Life can be complicated for the urban traveler—phone, wallet, cards, keys, sunglasses, laptop…. Stay on top of your day-to-day life with a rugged bag that gains character while it revolutionizes yours. Tan, waxed, cotton canvas for durability; a choice of six accent colors to accentuate your personal style;”
• Third Prize: A custom-fit Waterfield Designs Sleevecase designed to fit your Mac or PC laptop, a $49 value. “Cushioned with high-grade neoprene and wrapped in a ballistic nylon shell, our SleeveCase functions as a stylish stand-alone laptop sleeve or can be inserted into another bag. And no need to take your laptop out of its snug compartment when going through airport security—these cases are TSA Checkpoint Friendly. It’s a slam dunk”
How To Enter
It’s easy to enter.
1. Take your gadget bag and pack it up with all of the gear you use to get through the day.
2. Now unpack it on a flat surface, arranging everything neatly. Here’s an example of what we mean.
3. Take a picture of your bag and all of its unpacked contents!
5. Upload the labeled picture to the web somewhere. You can do this however you’d like: Imgur is a quick and easy way to host a picture on the web.
6. Now head on over to the official Cult of Mac forums and drop the picture of your gadget bag, along with a description of all the items in the picture, in the official contest thread by clicking here. (You may have to sign-up for an account)
That’s it! Once you’ve done that, you’re officially entered… next week, we’ll take the three “best” entries and award out our prizes. And by “best” we mean the entries we like the most, as simple as that, so be creative! Only one entry per person, so make it count!
We’ll be announcing the winners next week. Contest runs unti Monday, August 27, 2012. Why not enter now, and while you’re at it, talk with your fellow Mac Cultists in our awesome Cult of Mac Forums, the place-to-be for discussing all things Apple?