The best podcasting app on iOS (alibeit one with a wonky and controversial pricing structure), Instacast has just gotten a huge update making it even better.
With today’s update, Instacast has gotten better interface performance, improving scrolling and reaction times, amongst other things. The settings pane has also gotten an overhaul, allowing you to adjust your subscription and push notification settings, as well as playback options.
Here are some of the other new features:
• Re-added swipe left/right for marking episodes as starred/played
• Added on-screen hints for certain buttons
• Added 30 min setting to Sleep Timer
• Improved auto-activating Continuous Playback
• Added “Delete Download after Played” option
• Added video zoom feature on double-tap
• Re-added the unplayed badges
• Fixed double-tap issues in player
• Fixed multiple issues with feed parser
• Fixed some issues with push notifications
Instacast is a fantastic podcasting app that beats the snot out of iTunes and the built-in Music app, but be warned: though the iPhone version is only $0.99 cents, the real showcase features are hidden behind an optional $0.99 “pro” in-app purchase. There’s also an iPad version, which costs $4.99.Related