Just a day after releasing Sparrow 1.2 for iPhone, the Sparrow team has issued an update to Sparrow for Mac. This release brings a number of new features, improves Sparrow startup times, and quashes bugs.
Sparrow 1.6 for Mac is no longer an IMAP-only email client, finally delivering support for POP email accounts, too. And if you’re a fan of its unified inbox, you can now take advantage of unified folders for your starred, sent, draft, and trash emails.
The release also delivers a number of bug fixes and promises to improve startup times. The complete list of changes includes:
- POP support
- Unified inbox, starred, sent, drafts, trash
- Esc on Quick Reply saves a message as a draft
- Empty spam button
- Inbox Zero message when your inbox is clean
- Composer: “sender” field no accessible with Tab key
- Pull-to-refresh for starred, unread, priority messages
- Shift-Command-Option-M toggles extended sidebar
- App startup time improvement
- Bug fixes
The Sparrow 1.6 update is on its way to those who purchased the app directly from the Sparrow website, while those who purchased Sparrow from the Mac App Store must wait for it to rollout.
- Source The Verge