Gameloft has blown us away with its N.O.V.A. 3 teaser trailers over the past few weeks, and today one of the most anticipated iOS games so far this year makes its App Store debut. The series has always been up there with the best first-person shooters for iPhone and iPad, but this release promises to deliver a new benchmark for graphics and gameplay on iOS.
N.O.V.A. 3 could be the best $7 you’ve spent on mobile gaming to date.
I’ve been itching to get my hands on N.O.V.A. 3 since Gameloft revealed its first teaser a few weeks ago. Having already played and enjoyed the first two titles in this series, I had high hopes for this one, and I could not be more impressed.
First impressions of the release have been incredibly positive. Its visuals are stunning, rivaling those we’ve seen from the likes of Infinity Blade II and Real Racing 2, and offering a true console-quality experience on the go. But of course, it’s not all about looks.
N.O.V.A. 3 also promises to deliver an epic storyline across 10 immersive levels, and an intense, 12-man multiplayer mode with six different game types:
- An epic storyline: Humanity finally returns to Earth after years of exile! Fight in 10 immersive levels across the galaxy, from a war-torn Earth to a frozen Volterite city.
- Multiple weapons and powers: Run, shoot, drive vehicles, and pilot a mech to defeat hordes of enemies.
- Join 12-player battles in 6 multiplayer modes (Capture the Point, Free-for-All, Capture the Flag, etc.) on 6 different maps.
- For the first time, multiple allies can jump inside the same vehicle and spread destruction on the battlefield.
- Discover the new FPS benchmark for graphics and gameplay on iOS (real-time shadow & lights, particle system, ragdoll physics, etc.)