Popular iOS Twitter client Tweetbot has been updated with several new features and improvements in the App Store. Version 2.3 for iPhone and iPad is available now with more gestures, added timeline thumbnail support, and more. Storify and Droplr integration has also been included for sharing Twitter conversations and media/links with followers.
What’s New in Version 2.3
– New tweet detail view with inline conversations and replies (swipe right to left on a tweet for quick access)
– New gesture in tweet detail to get back to the timeline quickly (swipe left to right)
– New conversation view now contains both the conversation and replies (swipe left to right on a tweet for quick access)
– Ability to email conversations or post a link to them via Storify when in the conversation view
– Droplr Support
– Video thumbnails now have a “play” icon to differentiate it from image thumbnails
– Timeline sync bookmark icon is now an optional setting
– Reorganized tweet drawer (last two buttons have gone through some options reorganization)
– Added thumbnail support for Vimeo links
– Higher res image uploads when on wifi
– Hold down compose tweet button to quickly open last draft
– Support for $stock links
– Improved email format when sending tweets, DMs, or conversations as email
– Arabic Localization
The Droplr integration works like all of the other media sharing services in Tweetbot’s account settings pane. Storify can be used to export a string of tweets for the world to see.
Tweetbot’s tweet detail window has been improved with more details, like the ability to quickly see how many replies a certain tweet has collected. The conversation view has also been tinkered to show replies in a separated section of the window. Tweets shared over email will now be formatted more attractively as well.
Vimeo links in the timeline can now be viewed with preview thumbnails, like YouTube. Also, $stock tags can now be effectively used to track your favorite companies on Twitter.
The makers of Tweetbot, Tapbots, have included several minor improvements in this update that make the app an even more customizable Twitter experience. Hi-res images can now be uploaded with Tweetbot over WiFi, and and retweets from specific accounts can be hidden at any time..