Apple has released updates for three of its production apps, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor. Verizon 10.0.4 of Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.0.3, and Compressor 4.0.3 are all available now as updates in the Mac App Store. Overall stability improvements and multiple bug fixes have been included across the board.
Final Cut Pro 10.0.4:
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.4 improves overall stability, performance, and compatibility including:
- Improves image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with compatible third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices.
- Improves performance of multicam syncing and editing.
- Adds language support for Simplified Chinese.
- Adds a Share option for 1080p video on compatible iOS devices.
Final Cut Pro version 10.0.4 also addresses the following issues:
- Assigns default audio channel setting for new projects to stereo.
- Includes multicam metadata in XML project export.
- Fixes an issue in which video superimposed over a background with an alpha channel could appear differently in Viewer before and after render.
- Fixes an issue that caused some titles to be rendered again after each application launch.
This update is recommended for all users of Final Cut Pro X
Motion 5.0.3 improves overall stability and performance including:
- Improves loading time for projects.
- Improves performance of text editing in the Canvas.
- Fixes issues with Fill Opaque enabled in images converted to Drop Zones.
- Resolves a stability issue that occurred when deleting all characters with the Transform Glyph tool.
- Corrects the pixel aspect ratio display of Anamorphic clips.
- Improves speed of Save Current Frame.
- Resolves a stability issue when adjusting motion blur controls in the Project Properties Inspector.
- Resolves a stability issue when modifying media files while Motion is running in the background.
What’s New in Version 4.0.3
This update adds functionality and improves overall performance including:
• Ability to run Compressor as an encoding node on a Mac without a monitor
• Fixes an issue with exporting when logged in as an Open Directory user
• Improves performance when encoding mp4 and AVI files
This update is recommended for all users of Compressor 4
Final Cut Pro X costs $300 in the Mac App Store. Motion, Apple’s graphics and special effects app, costs $50. Compressor, a powerful encoding tool, is available for $50 in the Mac App Store as well.