Xobni has brought its Smartr Contacts service to the iPhone today, which a new app that is likely to change the way in which you handle your contacts list forever. The service takes the pain out of maintaining your contacts list by creating profiles for everyone you’ve ever contacted using your emails, calendars, and social networks. It also puts a face to every name and even keeps track of your recent communication history.
What more could you want from a contacts app? Smartr works with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, in addition to your iPhone’s built-in apps, to compile a list of contacts that includes everyone you’ve ever communicated with. It provides you with profile pictures and contact information including telephones numbers and email addresses that you can access with a single tap.
It also has some really clever features that automatically rank your contacts by importance, and track your recent communication history.
The new app’s key features include:
– Automatic. Finds all the people you know from your email, calendar or social networks.
– Personal. Puts a face to every name and email address.
– Insightful. Detects and assigns phone numbers automatically.
– Socially aware. Integrates Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
– Relevant. Ranks contacts by importance, so the most important people are at the top.
– Fast. Search by first, last, company name or phone number to find anyone.
– Contextual. View email and calendar subjects for each person.
– Convenient. One click access to SMS, call or email.
Smartr Contacts requires you to have a Xobni account, but it’s completely free to signup and use the service. If you’d like to take advantage of the Smartr Contacts service across multiple devices, however, you’ll need to go pro for $7.99 per month.