There are less than 12 hours left on our awesome deal for the Ruby programming course. Head over to Deals.CultofMac.com to check it out
What do Groupon, Twitter, Hulu, and 37 Signals all have in common? They all use the incredibly powerful, dynamic, and highly scalable programming language of Ruby or Ruby on Rails. Why is that supposed to get your heart fluttering? Because this language is the future of the web. Not being a developer myself, I shamelessly Googled to find out why Ruby on Rails is such a popular language/framework and I came across a Quora post from Ian MacLeod that sums it up nicely:
1. The Ruby community moves quickly, adopting new technologies and patterns – and refactoring or throwing out the old. Programmers love being on the cutting-edge.
2. Ruby seems to be one of those languages that maps well to a developer’s mental model. It’s frequently mentioned as one of a few languages that developers find a joy to code in.
3. Ruby is one of the major languages that promotes widespread use of “language magic” to createeasily-readable DSLs. This makes it very easy for casual developers to learn the language.
So, whether you want to start your company or just lock-in job security for the rest of your life…this tutorial is where it all starts.
With more than 27 step-by-step video lectures, this Ruby Programming course is only $79 (normally its 3x that much…and well worth it) and will teach you the ten steps to creating your first web app.
Rather than bog you down with a lot of theory, this course takes a hands-on approach and focuses on making you productive from day one!
With more than 30 brain-busting years of experience your instructor Hue Collingbourne literally wrote the book on Ruby programming. Whether you’re new to programming or just new to Ruby, he’ll be your perfect guide to rapid, real-world software development with this unique and elegant language.
We’re taking this one a step further. In addition to the 27 video lectures, here’s what you get with Huw’s course:
• Free eBook – The Little Book of Ruby and exclusive discount for The (Big) Book of Ruby
• Downloadable source codes and sample test files to compliment lectures
• 5 extra videos detailing Ruby on Rails, Symbols, Recursion, and other challenges
To learn more about this incredible Ruby Programming package head over to Deals.CultofMac.com to get the full scoop on all the course details..