Interactive Innovation Solutions has released an iPhone app for Google Music called gMusic. Members of Google’s music locker service can stream up to 20,000 tracks from the iPhone.
gMusic looks and feels almost exactly like the native Music app in iOS 5, and it offers a native experience over the web app that Google offers its customers.
gMusic is the only native iOS app that lets you access your Google Music account, which allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in Google Music. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device.
gMusic features include:
- Very fast load times. Typically less than 10 seconds until you can load and start
streaming your Music library.
After that the rest of your collection will trickle in.
- Create an Instant Playlist
- Add songs to existing playlists
- Search by Artist, Songs, Albums, or Genres
- Plays in the background so you can use your other apps while still listening to your music
- Stay tuned for other great new features coming soon.
After you verify your Google Music account in-app, gMusic lets you stream music in the background, create playlists on the fly, and sync with your online account’s library.
While the app appears to be a little buggy, gMuisc does allow you to store a limited amount of your music collection offline for cached listening. This is a super useful feature for those that don’t always have data connectivity, whether it be on a subway or airplane.
You can download gMusic for iPhone in the App Store for $2.Related