Following the resignation of Steve Jobs last week, a host of handy folks got busy making stuff to ride the wave of his popularity. Here is some SJ-related merchandise you could spend your money on, but probably shouldn’t.
1. The love note. Clean simple, for Apple aficionados only, it declares “I love you more than I love Steve Jobs.” Any amorous missive that has Steve Jobs with a heart next to his name in a larger font than “love” sort of disproves the sentiment.
2. Handmade Figurine. If you have $150 and really want one for your desk, get this a big-headed, smiling SJ brandishing an iPhone before it is pulled from the market, as these Steve simulacrums inevitably are.
3. Giant wall sticker. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower,” proclaims this kinda elegant motivational quote. Except, well, it’s a giant motivational quote that you hang as a sticker. It measures 17’ by 22’ wide and is available in 29 colors. $25.
4. T-shirt. Although the front has a cool mosaic portrait of Jobs, the back offers the proclamation “Don’t Go Steve Jobs!” (Just me or does your inner editor chafe at this…Perhaps it should say “Steve Jobs, don’t go!” or maybe “Don’t go, Steve Jobs!”)
5. iPad case. My head hurts: help me understand why anyone would spend $60 to sheathe their iPad with a case that says,”You now have permission to act like a twat. Sincerily (sic) Steve Jobs.”Related