Adobe has launched a great new app for iOS that carries a similar kind of functionality as its Acrobat application for PCs. Named CreatePDF, the new app allows you to create high quality PDF files from a plethora of different file formats — with just your iOS device.
Adobe actually says that “CreatePDF brings the same high-quality PDF creation as Adobe Acrobat to your iPad, iPhone and other iOS devices.” The app will create PDFs from Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents; JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF and TIFF images; and even Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign files.
CreatePDF promises to make high-quality documents using the same technology built into Adobe Acrobat:
- Creates PDF files that look exactly like the original using the same technology as Adobe Acrobat.
- Consistent, high-fidelity PDF conversion independent of device or software. Uses Adobe’s online services to ensure there is no compromise on quality or performance. The service does not keep a copy of your original or the PDF document.
- Creates PDF files that meet accessibility standards.
- Preserves links, end notes, foot notes and creates bookmarks automatically in PDF files converted from Office documents
- Preserves Transitions and converts Multi-media Content for Power Point files.
- Via 9to5 Mac