Every day, there’s another app bundle, and sometimes it seems like each is more forgettable than the last. Code Canyon’s Freelance Mac App Bundle is a wonderful exception: it’s the first app bundle we’ve seen in ages worth getting excited about.
For just $49.95, you get over $300 in apps… and what apps they are. Out of the eight apps on offer, five I would consider absolutely indispensable. In fact, most of these we’ve already listed in our 50 Mac Essentials series.
• 1Password — Just the safe, secure password manager.
• TextExpander — A typing shortcut utility that can not only autocorrect common mistakes, but even allows for some extremely smart formatting of text snippets (for example, a text snipper that automatically expands to a link of the text copied to the clipboard).
• WriteRoom — The original and, for my money, best of the distraction free word processors.
• Radium — This Internet radio player (complete with Sirius and XM compatibility) has been an indispensable addition to my Menu Bar since Giles first reviewed it.
• Alarms — A wonderfully intuitive and OS X like task manager that I absolutely adore.
I’m less familiar with the last three apps in the bundle, LittleSnapper, Billings and Arq, but if they’re a shine on even the worst of the aforementioned apps, this might be the best app bundle I’ve ever seen. Check it out!.